BPAS Fertility terms and conditions of the service
These Terms & Conditions apply to all services that we (BPAS Fertility) provide to you. We reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions any time. Please check back regularly for any changes
As any other fertility treatment provider, BPAS Fertility is not able to guarantee a successful outcome or an absence of complications as the result of fertility treatment.
Appointments, tests, consultations and scans will be carried out at three different locations depending on where the patient lives. These are
- Ground floor, Dammas House, Dammas Ln, Swindon SN1 3EF
- Broadway Court, Ground Floor North Wing, Peterborough PE1 1RP
- 1-5 Christopher Place, Chalton Street, London, NW1 1JF
For egg collections, embryo transfers and intra-uterine inseminations as well as tubal patency tests, patients will have to attend our hub at:
1-5 Christopher Place, Chalton Street, London, NW1 1JF
We will discuss your treatment options with you during your consultations. You will need to consent to your chosen treatment(s) prior to the start of any treatment. You must not sign any consent form if you either do not agree with the statements that you are being asked to agree or if you consider that anything is unclear. You should not sign any consent form until any questions that you may have been answered to your satisfaction.
You may withdraw your consent after you give it by giving us reasonable notice/confirmation in writing of the withdrawal of your consent.
All treatments require mandatory screening tests. These vary depending on the type of treatment and must be completed in order to undergo treatment.
Some treatments require the attendance to one or more implications counselling sessions.
Clinical staff and appointments
Whilst we make reasonable efforts to ensure that appointments run to time, we cannot guarantee that appointments will not be delayed or that you will see the same member of the fertility team on every visit. Under very rare circumstances we may need to cancel or rearrange appointments but always aim not to do so where this may disrupt treatment.
Prices and Payment
- Our Price list may be subject to change without notice. The price of any consultation/treatment will be confirmed to you at the time of booking.
- Payment for services provided by BPAS Fertility is required in full at the time of booking and in any event before your consultation or (as applicable) the commencement of the treatment. We reserve the right to cancel any appointment if payment has not been received.
- All prices are in pounds sterling. All prices include VAT.
- Where any fertility treatment is not successful, we offer a free review consultation within six months of the date of the negative result.
- Any treatment must be agreed and paid for before treatment commences
- The clinic accepts debit and credit card payments. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- In the event that a clinician recommends freezing all embryos on the day of your trigger injection due to your medical circumstances, you will be entitled to a £500 discount from your frozen embryo transfer cycle. Pre-planned freeze all cycles, for medical or social reasons, will be charged at the full rate.
- If your treatment is converted from an IVF/ICSI cycle to an IUI cycle, you will be entitled to a refund of the difference in treatment cost.
- We are unable to assist with financial advice, payment plans, funding or loans in relation to paying for treatment.
Cancellation and refunds
- Drugs and consumables are not returnable or refundable.
- Services are not refundable once performed and are otherwise subject to our terms relating to refunds and cancellations.
- In the event that a treatment cycle is abandoned prior to egg collection, a refund of £2,000 will be applicable.
- In the event that a treatment cycle is abandoned due to the patient not finding a suitable sperm donor, a £2,000 refund is applicable for IVF/ICSI and a £450 refund for IUI.
- In the event that no eggs are collected at egg collection, a refund of £1,200 will be applicable.
- In the event that the embryo transfer needs to be cancelled because there are no suitable embryos for transfer, a refund of £1,000 will be applicable
- In the event that no embryos are suitable for freezing, no refund will be issued.
- In the event that a frozen embryo cycle does not result in suitable embryos to transfer because the embryo(s) have not survived the thawing process, a refund of £500 will be issued.
- Consultations may be cancelled and rescheduled provided that not less than 48 hours’ notice is given. If consultation appointments are cancelled at less than 48 hours’ notice or are not attend, no refund will be given.
Delays in treatment
In some circumstances the treatment may be delayed, this might include
- If a suitable donor needs to be identified before treatment can commence
- If BPAS Fertility has a waiting list for patients to access treatment
- During a 1-2 weeks period at the end of each year when the laboratory needs to close for cleaning and validation
Third party services
Costs for medication can vary depending on your clinical need and your response to treatment. Medication will be charged by the pharmacy provider at the fees established by them.
Costs for unknown donor sperm will be charged directly by the donor sperm bank to the patient
Costs for the transportation of frozen gametes and/or embryos will be charged directly by the specialised courier company to the patient
Consequences of non-payment
We reserve the right to cancel appointments and discontinue treatment/services for non-payment of our fees.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud. We shall not otherwise be liable for any loss, damage or delay however caused, including in particular where such loss, damage or delay is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You must always provide us full, true and accurate information, correct any information already provided that later becomes or is found to be incomplete, untrue and/or inaccurate.
- You must inform us without delay of any change in your personal circumstances that may be relevant to your treatment and/or to the consent given by you or a partner/donor.
- You must inform us any change in your address and/or contact details. If we are unable to contact you in order to take your instructions we might have to destroy your gametes and/or embryos in storage at the end of the storage consent period.
- Any patient and partner signing a consent form in respect of treatment will be jointly and severally liable for any monies owing to us in relation to that treatment. This means that we may seek payment from either of the partners having treatment.